- Currency : EUR
- Customer zone
Shopping cart is empty
Salt and albumen print
|Enter your email|
|The Availability Of||Brak towaru 0 opak|
|The bar code|
|Leave your phone||
The first print making technique ever was the saltprint, and the albumen print was the first technique that made a real, industrial scale career dominating photography for dozens of years. Suffice it to say, that just one factory making albumenized paper used seventy thousand eggs per day. Both techniques may seem to be simple , in reality, however, it requires considerable knowledge and care in order to get the best results, especially if we aim at full control over the contrast and colour of the print.
We offer a two day practical workshop during which we will not only learn to make salt and albumen prints, but also the more advanced elements of both processes. We will learn a variety of recipies including arrowroot paper and mat albumen, to control the print contrast and use a variety of toners.
During the workshop we will learn to:
- Prepare matt and glossy albumenized paper using a variety of recipes,
- prepare salted paper using different recipes and sizes,
- increase the image contrast,
- sensitize the albumenized paper and the salted paper,
- expose and process the prints,
- prepare negatives for both processes (both large format and digital negatives),
- tone the prints,
- prepare the images for presentation in a conservator friendly, archival way.
We also provide an opportunity to print your own negatives (including printing negatives from your own digital files) and to prepare photos in our studio should you wish to do so.
The following will be provided for all the participants:
- materials necessary for salt and albumen printing including toners,
- papers appropriate for the techniques,
- albumenized papers,
- all necessary tools,
- UV light sources,
- practice negatives,
- a fully equipped darkroom,
- computer with photo editing software for image selection and edition,
- facilities to print large format negatives from digital files (2 per person),
- home made dinners
- hot drinks (tea and coffee)
Instructor: Radosław Brzozowski
maximum number of participants: 6
Duration: 2 days
languages: English and Polish
Price: 260 eu.
dates: 10-11 July 2021
Location: Trąbki Wielkie, Poland.
Nearest airport: Lech Wałęsa Airport, Gdańsk Rębiechowo
We don’t offer accommodation, but will be pleased to give advice where it could be booked.